Thursday, May 26, 2011

We're in Kentucky!

After huge delays in Chicago, we are now making great progress and are in western Kentucky, heading southeast toward central Tennessee.

We've had non-stop rain, but no severe weather thus far. And I am very pleased to see that that the severe weather map on our route does not look as bad as it did this morning. No tornado warnings between here and Macon. At least not presently. I am just f-i-i-i-ne with that.  It's only 62 degrees here in Kentucky, so the cool weather we've been experiencing in Wisconsin is extending pretty far south.

No news on the baby at this point. I am assuming that induction will take place tonight at midnight as planned. We kept wondering if T might go into labor on her own today, but I expect we would have heard if that was the case.

I talked with T's caseworker last night confirm that we are, indeed, permitted to see T and the baby tomorrow morning, even though legally we cannot take placement until T signs surrenders, twenty-four hours after birth. So we are very exited to make that trip to the hospital tomorrow. I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight?

1 comment: