Thursday, June 3, 2010

Update from Our Social Worker

This is the email we received from our local (Wisconsin) social worker today.

We are getting so close to making Marguerite a legal Leone! As soon as Open Door in Georgia sends the below-mentioned documents, we can set the court date for finalization! Woo-hoo! 

In order to petition the court for an adoption date, I need two documents
from your agency: Marguerite's birth certificate and the termination of
parental rights (TPR) court paper work. I contacted your agency social
worker on Tuesday and let her know I'll be needing those documents. She said
a court hearing had been scheduled this week (I think for today) regarding
the birth father. After that court hearing is completed, she said she will
be able to send me the TPR court documents.

So please hold off scheduling the court date until I get those documents.
I'll let you know as soon as I receive them.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for finding my blog and following along:). I caught up on your story. It's funny, you started your official waiting time around the same time last year that we started ours this year! It's been almost three months, but feels like FOR-EV-ER:). BTW, Marguerite is beautiful!!! I'm sure you know that, though:). Thanks again for your kind words, and for following! Take care!

    ReplyDelete