Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back in the Groove

After walking around in something of a stupor for the last day or two after our big let-down, things are starting to feel "normal" again.

The words my old law school classmate sent on Monday morning brought us great comfort. She wrote,

"Knowing she did not have to raise the baby and that there was a family willing to take the baby and love her, let this Mom DECIDE she could do it rather than feeling forced into it and bitter. What a gift you have given both Mom and daughter."

I cried when I read those words from my pal, Katie. There is much to contemplate in those words, and they provide a reason to keep praying and have great hope for this little girl, her mother, and their future together.

I admit to jumping a little faster now each time the phone rings, still conditioned from the weekend's important calls. And we wait just a bit impatiently for the arrival of the next phone call from Open Door.

We're also living vicariously through the excitement of another family who is in Georgia picking up their baby as I type. Although we don't know this family personally, it appears from their blog that they are going through the same agency and the same minority program. We are thrilled for them and can't wait to hear the update.

1 comment:

  1. Our Lord is doing amazing things through you, my dear!!
    xoxoxo +JMJ+

    P.S. I don't want to bug you, but will try to call tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete